On Sunday we saw the need to get God’s perspective as Garry introduced our new series “You are…”.
This image shows Stafford from the air – something we don’t normal see – but God spoke to me recently when I saw Stafford like this through an aeroplane window while flying to Belfast.
Can I encourage you to print a copy and lay it out before God as you pray? Copy Hezekiah (2 Kings 19:14) who laid the letter he was worried about before God.
- the growth of God’s kingdom in Stafford through all of the churches,
- the future of our hospital and other public services,
- our desire to find a building where we can grow deep roots and see creative, colourful, visible fruit.
- Garry Bateman kicked off our new “You are…” series with his talk “Jesus says… you are!”. If you missed it you can download it here or get a tape from Jane Russell.
- You can look at a digital copy of the weekly news sheet here.
This week at Wildwood Church
- On Sunday our Sunday Celebration will be held in the Community Centre, not Barnfields school.
- Bob Hext will continue our “You are…” series looking at our identity in Christ. He will be speaking about “You are… rich!”. Flyers are available at church or from the Gateway so you can invite your family and friends. Contact Sue for more details.
Coming up soon…
- Sun 12th May – 3pm at St Mary’s Parish Church (town centre): A Churches Together service of prayer for Stafford Hospital. For more information: email@example.com.
- Sun 19th May – 3pm at Wildwood Park – Jonas has organised a rematch: Wildwood Church vs. St Jude’s Nottingham. Players and supporters needed. Please contact Jonas.
- Sat 1st June – Coach trip to Defford Air Day – Jane Russell is organising a coach trip (cost £10-15) to the Air Day which is raising funds for the Mission Aviation Fellowship. Contact Jane Russell or read the news sheet for more details.
- Fri 14th – Sun 16th June: “Together at Borderlands” at Cefn Lea. Final payments are now due – please pay Sue by next Sunday (12th May).
- Mon 8th July: Shakespeare at the Castle. Contact Jane Russell for more details.
- Summer Preaching Series – FAQs: This summer we would like to devote our preaching series to some FAQs (frequently asked questions) to do with our faith. This could be anything from big theological conundrums to questions about our personal relationship with Jesus. Of course we’d like to look at the questions which are most important to you and others here at Wildwood Church. So we’d like you to email in your questions – we’ll pick 5 of them to look at in July and August. Just click “reply” and tell us what your question is!
- Together at Borderlands – Servers are still needed for the weekend away – If you can help please tell Sue ASAP.
- Children 3-4s – 4 more needed including a leader
- Children 5-11s – 8 more needed including a leader
- Youth – 1 more needed
- First Aid doctors – 2 more needed
- First Aid others – 5 more needed
- Site patrol – 3 more needed
- Newday Equipment – Laura Green writes: We will be catering for the group, and would like to borrow some equipment if possible. We will need the following items:
- Two double ring camping stoves
- A camping fridge
- A freezer
- Several water canisters (including barrel style with tap)
- 3 or 4 large saucepans
- Camping kettle
- 2 kitchen bins
If you have any of these items, or know of anyone else who would be willing to lend them to us for the week (29th Sept-4th August), please let Laura Green know.
If you have any prayer requests which you would like to share with the church send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
. And if you would like to get involved and commit to praying regularly please contact Bukky
at the same email address.
And finally from Graham…
…a poem inspired by Garry’s preaching on grace last Sunday (feel free to send in your artistic efforts for future Weekly Mails).
Of guilt, no trace – the future I can face. Running the race through grace is ace.