Do you feel rich?
That’s not necessarily an easy question to answer.
Do you mean have I got enough money? More or less than my neighbours? More or less than people in William Barnard’s church in Liberia?
Or are you asking me a more subtle question- about the meaning of riches? The importance of laying up treasure in heaven, not money in the bank?
When the Bible says we are rich it opens up all those question. But most importantly it’s a question of trust. Jesus says don’t worry about worldly wealth because your heavenly Father cares for you.
Who do you choose to believe today? Politicians, bankers, journalists or our creator God?
‘Do you not know, have you not heard? The Lord is an everlasting God… His wisdom is unsearchable.’ Isaiah 40:28.
- Bob Hext continued our “You are…” series with his talk “You are… rich!”. If you missed it you can download it here or get a tape from Jane Russell.
This week at Wildwood Church
- Richard Millar (from Rugeley Community Church) will be our guest speaker this Sunday.
- Sunday (19th) – 3pm at Wildwood Park – Jonas has organised a rematch: Wildwood Church vs. St Jude’s Nottingham. Players and supporters needed. Please contact Jonas.
- Monday (20th) – 8:15pm at the Gateway – Cell leaders meeting.
- Next Tuesday (21st) – 8pm at the Gateway – Growing Together. We will be joined by Steve Hurd from Huddersfield. Please could cell leaders remind their groups!
Coming up soon…
- Fri 14th – Sun 16th June: “Together at Borderlands” at Cefn Lea.
- Sun 1st Sept – Fun in the Park – preparations are in full swing, get in touch with Sue if you want more information about helping.
- CANCELLED – Sat 1st June – Coach trip to Defford Air Day. Contact Jane Russell if you have any questions.
- Together at Borderlands – Servers are still needed for the weekend away – If you can help please tell Sue ASAP.
Children 3-4s – 4 more needed including a leader
Children 5-11s – 4 more needed
Youth – 1 more needed
First Aid doctors – 2 more needed
First Aid others – 5 more needed
Site patrol – 3 more needed
- Lina Hertenstein (our impact year student from last year) has sent us an update about what she’s been doing recently. Please find her newsletter attached to this email.
If you have any prayer requests which you would like to share with the church send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
. And if you would like to get involved and commit to praying regularly please contact Bukky
at the same email address.